We call everything posted by the user as Listing. But it can also be called as Post, Product, Service Advertisement, Classified post, Task, Notes, Energy Stations, etc. However we try to create as much as personalised terms according to the business nature on the solutions(usecases) guide section.
Hybrid Listing Page
A platform owner can configure custom fields/Attributes on listings submission personalised to categories
- When a user add a listing > on top of the title, description, category, images, List price, offer percent, tags (as you seen in the redbox)> we can add other attributes as a field to collect more information.
- Example Scenarios
- Product type: used or new
- For fashion marketplace Item material: Cotton, Linen OR Item color: Red, blue, Green
- For agriculture marketplace> Price per: Gram, Kilogram
- For property marketplace> Rental Price: Per day, per week, per month.
Configuration: You can configure attributes by all 4 level categories.
You can create listings from this section.
- Listing titles which is mandatory
- listing descriptions which are optional
- Listing Images: You can add until 4images. First image will be used as a featured image
- Currency is considered mandatory as well. However we are making the default currency pre-populated, so you might not need to select always. If you are business with multi-currency, you can use different currency whenever you create listings.
- Offer Percent: Optional: If you are a marketplace platform with products having discounts, you can use this feature. It shows a slashed price in the user end app.
if you have read from about the Advanced 4 Level category, you can configure nested categories.
Let's understand the category level through this image
- Whenever you create a parent(1st level) category, you select the parent which is by default there.
- When you create a second level, you can select for example MEN as shown in the image. When you create, it is shows as for example T-Shirt
- When you create a third level, then you can select something like "--Tshirt" here. Each hyphen is considered as a hierarchy level
Creating a Category
As shown in the gif on how to creategories
- Click on the CATEGORY.
- Click ADD CATEGORY
- You will then be directed to a page where you can create your own categoroes.
- You will then select your category level, the name of your category, and upload an image to describe that category.
- You will then click submit, and your category should be added to the category list.
Once you create a category, you can edit them, it's get an update to the existing data as a standard procedure.
Advanced 4 Level category
As a platform owner when you want to build high level marketplace to have deeper categorisation.
- Skinny Leg
Men is a first level category Clothing is a second level category Tops, Coats, Beachwear, Bridal wear and Jeans are 3rd level category Skinny leg is a 4th level category
- Based on your business nature, you can use this in different ways. You can use category to allow users to discover somethings or find different set of needs based on how you plan it.
- You can add attributes based on parent and child categories
Configuration: When you configure an attribute for 4th level , the attribute is only available for 4th level and not to its parent level categories. You need to select/add the parent categories and child categories wherever it’s applicable.
To be on control with the quality/business logics of your platform is “Approval” feature. You can approve or disapprove
- You will find a small count label based notification next to that menu. That conveys the number of listings pending to be actioned
- You can approve or disapprove listings after use posted.
Go to Listings > Attributes > Add Attribute
- Add attributes
- Edit or Delete Attributes
- Find the number of attributes VALUES under each attributes(Count), you can click to find the existing values. By Clicking the PLUS button will lead you to add new attributes values a
Listings > Attributes > On to the respective attributes > Click on the count > view all attribute values. Once you are into specific attribute, you can find the existing values and ADD new values as shown in the reference image.
- Add new values from here
- EDIT to activate or deactivate certain values.
This example values how attribute values could be used. For an digital gadgets marketplace, it might want to allow users to submit listings with details like SPACE or VERSION of a certain device, so that the buyers can filter the right products.